Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Regrets on Replacements?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 29th, 2004
    Posts
    424
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would keep the first one. You have bonded with her. I received a greenish AG15 last fall. I can't bring myself to swap her, as another doll to replace her just wouldn't be her. Once a doll enters this house they are here to stay, unless one of my Granddaughters "needs the doll". Out of the 5 GD's that have the dolls, 2 of them are AG fanatics.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Sakurako:
    I used to adopt them just because they were orphans and had been rejected by their original person! If I'd kept to that line of thinking, I'd be bankrupt by now.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]eek.gif[/img]

    Well, I guess that explains that HUGE and beautiful collection in your Sig!

    And thanks for the advice... I hadn't thought about just keeping the new one I have rather than ordering another one. It's a great idea. Plus, it would insure that I get a second one. I wish they took paypal. Maybe they will let me wait until next Friday's paycheck to send the payment.

    And I still don't like her name... but she's being very secretive about what her real name is.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member tatabatata's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 25th, 2005
    Posts
    595
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Ionuin:
    And I still don't like her name... but she's being very secretive about what her real name is.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">May be if you take her to bed with you she will share her name with you in your dreams!
    Or you may want to pick up a name book and use her hand to open to a page and signal a name to you!

    Good luck and enjoy your "vinyl and stuffing and cloth and love and memories" friend!

    Ana [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Sakurako's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 29th, 2004
    Posts
    648
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, exactly what I was thinking! Keep the replacement you already have -- since it's clear you're really getting kind of fond of her, too! And have AG bill you for her.

    But definitely, I would keep the first doll and rename her. I would also rewig her, if the hair bothered me. Hallie got rewigged within half an hour of her arrival because the original AGT21 reminded me of someone I didn't care for at work. So ZIP! She turned brunette. (She's the one playing the keyboard in my avatar.) Sabrina's bad hair and name lasted about 24 hours. If you decide to change your first Marisol's hair slightly, she may tell you that her name is really something else. And if you are keeping the replacement one either as a mint collectible or to sell later, there's no reason why you can't customize the doll who has supported you and befriended you when you needed it. You can probably find a similar wig to Marisol's hair by now.

    I am chuckling fondly at all the other people who feel guilty for putting back the first doll they picked up. I have that same problem. You pick up a weird little stuffie with a crooked nose and next thing you know, he's going home with you! Because no one else would ever love such a strange looking little whatever so he'll never have a good home, but you think he'll be perfectly happy with you -- etc., etc. When AGs first started being sold on ebay (and yes, I was alive back then and there was a time when you could type in American Girl doll and get only two pages of matches back, with maybe half a dozen dolls included!), I used to adopt them just because they were orphans and had been rejected by their original person! If I'd kept to that line of thinking, I'd be bankrupt by now.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member chrysa1is's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    156
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hello! "Marisol" here. My mom's in the other room, so I have to be very fast, but I wanted to hug all of you that convinced her to keep me.

    Enjoy your hug, but Shhhhh! I'm keeping my name as a surprise for her next week. [img]cool.gif[/img]

    hug

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •